The term acne vulgaris is another name for acne. This is a skin condition in which hair follicles are clogged. The clogging is basically due to the over excretion of oils & dead skin cells. Such type of skin is also affected by pimples, blackheads, whiteheads, etc. The face is not the only area affected by acne. Back, chest, shoulders can also be the places of acne origin.
Treatments for acne
There are many types of treatments provided for curing acne and acne scars. Some of them are listed below-
1. Medicines- There are several medicines available for healing acne and lightning the scars. The medicines contain anti-inflammatory effects and take care of the swelling and redness.
2. Ointments- Several ointments that contain benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid are considered the best for treating acne and acne marks.
3. Light therapy- This therapy involves the use of both regular and laser light for reducing the acne marks.
4. Dermabrasion- A therapy that helps in reducing acne marks but is highly painful. It also has some side effects on the skin. Not preferred these days.
5. Micro-needling- In this therapy, needles are used for healing the skin and stimulating collagen production for better skin complexion.
6. Makeup & facial kits- Makeup items like bb creams and concealer help in reducing and hiding the acne scars present on the skin. Natural facial kits that contain neem extracts are popular and are widely used for healing acne.
7. Natural remedies- There are many herbs and shrubs that are suggested by Ayurveda for curing skin problems. Such remedies can be done at home and do not show any side effects.
Today we shall talk about a herb that has many benefits for the human body. It works really well to reduce acne and its effects on the skin. The name of this plant is aloe vera and its gel is used in many ways for the acne treatment.
Read about the ways aloe vera can be used for healing acne-
1. Aloe vera with tea tree essential oil- A combination of aloe vera and tea tree oil can control the bacterial infection responsible for the presence of acne.
How to use- Take two or three tablespoons of aloe gel. Add two drops of tea tree essential oil to it. Add few drops of coconut oil to it.Mix the paste properly. Apply it to the infected areas and leave overnight. Wash it in the morning. Repeat regularly for theacne free skin.
2. Aloe vera with vitamin e- Vitamin e is the main ingredient of many skin care products used for the treatment of acne. Using it with aloe vera gel at home is very simple and effective.
How to use- Take one tablespoon of aloe vera gel. Extract some vitamin e oil from vitamin e capsules. Mix this oil in the gel. Blend it properly. Use this oil enriched gel to make the skin glowing and acne free.
3. Aloe vera with clay-Clay has healing properties along with antibacterial properties. It gets deep into the skin and counters skin issues like acne, rashes, burning sensations etc.
How to use- Take some aloe vera juice. Add this juice to two tablespoons of clay. Mix it into a paste. Apply this paste to the face and neck. Wash after 15 minutes. Test it on a small part of your skin before applying to your face.
These natural remedies work really well on acne. Try these at least twice a week for good results.