Pores are the small openings on your skin that release sweat and oils. They are basically the hair follicles and...
KNOW THE CAUSES, SYMPTOMS AND TREATMENT FOR ITCHY FOREHEAD
Skin conditions such as eczema, acne, dandruff, dermatitis, etc. can be the reason for the itchy forehead. Other causes can be sunburn and stress which can trigger the itching. It is not a serious health condition but should not be avoided. You may notice burning sensation, small blisters, dry skin, or reddish ring. Allergic reactions may also contribute in the problem of itchy head. Let’s talk about some of the common causes and treatment.
- sometimes stress, anxiety or nervousness also contribute to the development of itchiness.
- Certain health conditions and infections also participate in the development of itchiness. Such as Ringworm, Psoriasis, Neurodermatitis, Liver disease, chickenpox, and shingles.
- sometimes cosmetic products can be the reason behind. Some particular cosmetic and beauty products don’t suit your skin. Hence, can make bad effect on your cheeks, chin, and forehead. Therefore, it is always advisable that chose products wisely and try to choose natural beauty products according to your skin type.
- it is a common skin condition that affects the forehead. It is a form of eczema. Due to which scaly and red patches occur on the forehead and other parts of the skin.
- some pregnant women can experience itchy forehead and skin. It is because of the side effects of hormonal changes due to pregnancy in the body.
Following are the symptoms of itchy forehead
• Small blisters on the skin
• Inflamed skin
• Burning sensation
Treating itchy skin or forehead is not that tough depending on the severity.
Here are some of the remedies that you can try.
- wash your face with cold water may help in soothe your itching. Then pat dry is important to avoid further problem.
- apply and reapply of sunscreen of broad spectrum is the important step whenever you heading out of the home.
- you should avoid sharing personal items such as comb and hair brush as they can cause dandruff and lice which can easily spread infection.
- you can always try home remedies that can soothe your itchy skin. such as using Aloe Vera, green tea, chamomile, Multanimitti, oat meal etc. but before apply, perform a patch test first.
- keep wiping your forehead to make sure that sweat doesn’t settle on the skin. or cover the area whenever you are out.
- if your forehead itching is severe and the doctor may prescribe some medicines or topical steroids to ease the itching. You should use prescribed medicines only.
Precaution is important than cure. If you are facing such itchy forehead try to know the cause and symptoms, then treat it well with correct medication. Take care!
Leave a comment
Log in to post comments