Ajwain is an Indian spice that has been used for many years in the houses. It is acquired from a plant and is used almost everywhere in India. It is known as Ugragandha in Sanskrit and Carom seeds in English. It has a strong smell and a pungent flavour. It is used in Indian foods like curries, pickles, parathas, etc.
It adds taste to the food and has several health benefits. The list of benefits does not end here. This spice has many more benefits and we shall be discussing it here-
1. Prevents greying of hair- Ajwain can really help in preventing greying of hair. Prepare a mixture of ajwain, curry leaves and a little sugar. Boil this mixture and allow it to cool down. Drink this mixture and keep repeating. This can slowly prove effective!
2. Clears skin- Ajwain powder is effective in clearing skin of scars and dark patches. Make a paste of carom seeds and apply this paste to the dark spots. Leave it for around 10-15 minutes and rinse with water. Repeat it once a week for better results. It is a natural way of taking care of skin just like any skin care product.
3. Ajwain water- Ajwain boiled in water is wonderful for the body of a human, especially a woman. After giving birth to babies, this water is used for cleaning the private parts of the mother. It is also consumed to treat various issues. Prepare ajwain water by adding roasted ajwain seeds and honey to water and boil it. Drink this water to get rid of health issues like gas, acidity, menstrual cramps, etc. It also improves metabolism and helps in burning of fat.
4. For Men- Ajwain seeds can help in improving the sperm count in men. Grind some ajwain, butter and tamarind kernels and add this mixture to some milk. Add honey to this mixture and consume it regularly at night for better sperm count.
5. Diabetes- Ajwain can be helpful in curing diabetes naturally. Make a mixture of ajwain seeds and neem leaves and add this mixture to hot milk. Taking this can really help with diabetes but it needs to be taken daily. Also, it might not taste good to many people.
It is convenient to store carom seeds for a longer period of time. Just keep them away from sunlight and humidity. It should be taken in small quantities carefully.