Hair strand grows only about a 1/2 inch a month. Do you want to jumpstart the process? Read on to get expert advice...
Well, it's the Holi time. Holi is just around the corner and we cannot wait to play with colors. So, to protect yourself from all skin problems, take these simple precautions to make sure you play this Holi safely and intelligently. In addition to all the fun of the Holi party, it is also important to take care of your skin before and after the celebration. So, before leaving for all Holi parties, here are a few things to keep in mind:
• Give your hair oil treatment, dress in whites and follow the no-synthetic rule to protect your skin and hair from the damaging effects of Holi colors. Apply a layer of oil one hour before leaving. The oil acts as a protective layer and helps the color to disappear later. Do not miss places like behind your ear, between the corners of your fingers and near your nails.
• Remember to apply sunscreen before playing Holi, as it is very easy to tan while playing outside.
• Synthetic colors available in the market may contain harmful chemicals and even glass particles. It is strongly recommended to take measures that minimize the direct contact of the skin with the colors. Applying a thick layer of oil on the skin and hair is a good way to do it.
• It would be better if you wear a pair of sunglasses to protect your eyes. The skin around your eyes is the thinnest and that's why you have to protect it from the colors.
• Do not keep your hair open while you play Holi. You can choose a braided ponytail, use scarves on the head to protect your hair.
• Apply a few drops of lemon juice if you have a sensitive scalp. Citrus fruits will help protect your scalp from any infection caused by toxic colors.
Alternatively, there are organic products available in the market which you can use to protect your skin from the harsh chemicals present in the colors.
You can buy Inveda HOLI combo which has 5 products to restore the balance of your skin & hair.
Step 1 - After playing, remember not to use strong soaps to get rid of the colors. Do not wash your face with soap immediately, as its alkaline nature causes extra dryness. Use anti toxic active charcoal face cleanser instead. It will soothe your skin while cleaning and eliminating the colors.
Step 2 - It is best to remove wet colors as it is difficult to remove after drying. As soon as you get home, take a shower after moisturizing your skin with black current body wash.
Step 3 - Rinse your hair with plenty of water to remove dry colors and small particles of mica. Shampoo your hair with Anti-toxin active charcoal shampoo. Apply a gentle, natural shampoo that thoroughly cleans the hair without causing further damage. Add the juice of a lemon to a cup of water and use it last rinse. This helps restore the acid-alkaline balance of the scalp.
Step 4 - For your face, you can use lukewarm water to wash the colors. You can use Kumkumadi tailam face cream to moisturize your skin. This antibacterial blend will protect your skin from toxic colors.
Step 5 - When removing colors, do not rub the skin too much, it could damage it. Instead, use a body butter cream to gently remove the colors.